Scroll To Top
News Trending

FAQ's

Technology

Social

iOS 8 vs. Android Lollipop: Same features, yet more distinct than ever

you should endeavour to sight see once in a while. it not only entertain and relaxes your mind but also sharpens your insight. iOS 8 vs. Android Lollipop: Same features, yet more distinct than ever

Like Us

Gadgets

Business

Site Links

Advertise Here

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Games & Multimedia

SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY

Contributors

Followers

Popular Posts

a search in the forest


I shouldn't be here i know, but what must be done must be done. I staggered through the thick undergrowth. My strength was gradually leaving me as i fought out of the, clasping brambles and grabbing prickle of briars' twigs, the gloom-shine mix, lighting my amply obstructed way. I was losing hope, my body aches so much and my skin sores, I noticed a cleared patch ahead, it stood below an hollow opening between the mahogany trees. I hastened towards this patch, my lips curling into a smile, a smile at its seeming comfort.
I only had to shrug aside some dangling ivy twigs to open up into the patch. It was seeming haven and as I bent to check the moss coloured rock that shone mildly in the patch soft golden radiance, I noticed it was dirty so I cleaned it up with my palm and sat on it. The beauty of the place took my fancy, especially that a great deal of sunlight streaks into it. I eased backward to rest on the tree behind the stone. It was even a more comforting sensation as some cool wind blew southerly towards me. The wind was too cool to be true; I relaxed, enjoying a short rest. I wondered if I haven't ventured into this forest on futility. I've been here since morning and its noon already, am yet to get a glimpse of my sought. After some time I stood up, aiming to track the source of the wind. I walked doggedly creating a crispy sensation as my wearied legs fiddled with the dry leaves that littered the patch floor. I felt less alone as I left the patch advancing towards the wind source. I had this feeling because of strange sounds I heard, the sounds was trickling, with a background soft splashes and mix of animals' sounds. I advanced half curious half scared. The mahogany forest this time around was shorter than the one i started with and had negligible undergrowth. The sounds got louder and lost it distant blur. Soon I found myself before a wonderful spring, and there in front of me lies my reason for being at the forest.
'A live green tree frog.'
I eased my sweeping net from my bag and in one accurate swerve I caught the frog. I tied up the net just below its rim. I advanced towards the spring. It was clear and clean, silvery fishes shoots out of the river periodically, portraying some rare acrobatics. Now I know they are the cause of the splash. A little runlet away from the spring in a northerly direction created the trickling sound.
I dipped my hands inside the river and cupped out some water from the spring. I repeated this three times and enjoyed an awesome thirst quenching.
My journey home was easier having found the frog. Now my precious shall die no more. As i walked home, I began to wander if baba ifa proclaimations shall prevail. I so much need my sweet heart alive, not dead. Only time will tell.

Share This:

No Comment to " a search in the forest "